Role title: Trainee Optical Polisher
Type: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Kenley (Surrey)
To initially help with the manufacturing and testing of optical components as required while developing to a fully skilled and highly independent professional over time.
- Previous experience and education in a mechanical engineering related discipline are desirable number of relevant skills may be transferable to this role.
- Practical, good with hand work and materials.
- Engineering type mind.
- Patient while working with high precision optical components that take time and skills to come to completion.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Good IT skills (although not required) is desirable.
Salary and benefits:
- Starting salary £18K- £24K pa (DOE). Salary will be reviewed in regular intervals to match the experience developed with time.
- The company operates flexible working.
- Annual leave is 25 days plus statutory holidays.
- The company operates a discretionary bonus scheme.
Terms of employment:
- Working hours are a minimum of 39 hours / week.
- Overtime opportunities may be available to meet customer needs.
- Probation period is six months.
- After the probation period has lapsed, a notice period of 1 month is applicable on either side.
The company was founded in 1962 to specialise in the manufacturing of optics and scientific optical systems. It developed proprietary methods of producing high precision optics, mounted optics and complete optical assemblies specifically to meet the demanding needs of space, astronomy and high energy physics applications as well as defence.
Based in Kenley, Surrey, the company has developed an international reputation for the manufacture of large and demanding high precision optical components and systems.
The company is internationally acknowledged for its technical expertise, attention to quality and customer service, and its team of experienced and highly skilled members of staff enable them to adapt to almost any customer need.
It is a trusted supplier to leading scientific, astronomical and defence establishments including many space and environment projects worldwide.
The company maintains ISO 9001-2015 quality certification.