Skilled Optical Polisher
Type: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Kenley (Surrey)
To assist with the manufacturing and testing of high precision optical components such as optical flats, lenses and mirrors, as required.
- Previous experience in an optics manufacturing environment.
- May have experience in polishing/manufacturing of optical components such as optical flats or windows and/or spherical lenses and mirrors. Experience in manufacturing aspheric optics although not essential it would be highly desirable.
- Education in a mechanical engineering related discipline although highly desirable it is not essential.
- Practical, good with hand work and materials (especially glass).
- Engineering type mind.
- Patient while working with high precision optical components that take time and skills to come to completion.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Good IT skills (although not required) is desirable.
Salary and benefits:
- Starting salary up to £38K pa (DOE). Salary will be reviewed in regular intervals to match the experience developed with time.
- The company operates flexible working.
- Annual leave is 25 days plus statutory holidays.
- The company operates a discretionary bonus scheme.
Terms of employment:
- Working hours are a minimum of 39 hours / week.
- Overtime opportunities may be available to meet customer needs.
- Probation period is six months.
- After the probation period has lapsed, a notice period of 1 month is applicable on either side.
The company was founded in 1962 to specialise in the manufacturing of optics and scientific optical systems. It developed proprietary methods of producing high precision optics, mounted optics and complete optical assemblies specifically to meet the demanding needs of space, astronomy and high energy physics applications as well as defence.
Based in Kenley, Surrey, the company has developed an international reputation for the manufacture of large and demanding high precision optical components and systems.
The company is internationally acknowledged for its technical expertise, attention to quality and customer service, and its team of experienced and highly skilled members of staff enable them to adapt to almost any customer need.
It is a trusted supplier to leading scientific, astronomical and defence establishments including many space and environment projects worldwide.
The company maintains ISO 9001-2015 quality certification.