Role title: Trainee Logistics and Support Manager
Type: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Kenley (Surrey)
- Management of all logistics operations.
- Will require liaising with the inspector / production manager and make preparations to complete logistics objectives as necessary.
- Proactively observing inbound / outbound consignments to ensure and support smooth operations and reacting to complications efficiently and effectively.
- Maintenance of records of monthly stock checks, consumables and other, and actively involved in the purchasing and replenishment of stock as required.
- General office administration, including recording goods in / goods out, clock cards, answering calls and other office support work as necessary.
- General internal and external maintenance and warehousing duties as reasonably requested, including but not limited to overseeing, organising and executing laundry contracts.
- Occasional driving and hand delivery of goods may be required (merely UK and rarely EU).
- Previous logistics experience (although not required) is desirable.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing circumstances is key.
- Good record keeping and communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Hands on and DIY skills (although not required) is desirable.
- Good IT skills (although not required) is desirable.
Salary and benefits:
- Starting salary £16K- £20K pa (DOE). Salary will be reviewed in regular intervals to match the experience developed with time.
- The company operates flexible working.
- Annual leave is 25 days plus statutory holidays.
- The company operates a discretionary bonus scheme.
Terms of employment:
- Working hours are a minimum of 39 hours / week.
- Overtime opportunities may be available to meet customer needs.
- Probation period is six months.
- After the probation period has lapsed, a notice period of 1 month is applicable on either side.
The company was founded in 1962 to specialise in the manufacturing of optics and scientific optical systems. It developed proprietary methods of producing high precision optics, mounted optics and complete optical assemblies specifically to meet the demanding needs of space, astronomy and high energy physics applications as well as defence.
Based in Kenley, Surrey, the company has developed an international reputation for the manufacture of large and demanding high precision optical components and systems.
The company is internationally acknowledged for its technical expertise, attention to quality and customer service, and its team of experienced and highly skilled members of staff enable them to adapt to almost any customer need.
It is a trusted supplier to leading scientific, astronomical and defence establishments including many space and environment projects worldwide.
The company maintains ISO 9001-2015 quality certification.